Athletic Vegetable - Beetroot.....!!!
Today we shall discuss about a very simple vegetable, but a very powerful one, Beetroot.
Beetroot is an excellent athletic performance enhancer and also an detoxification agent as well.
Most often we under estimate the power of a simple vegetable.
I would like to elaborate the benefits of beetroot.
Benefits of Beetroot:
1) Beetroot contains vitamin C, niacin, manganese and also calcium.
2) It increases your athletic performance: If you are a fitness enthusiast who love gyming, bi-cycling, jogging, running or walking or any sports, then beetroot is the only vegetable you need to be consuming on regular basis.
A) Consuming, half a glass or half a beetroot, 45 minutes to 1 hour before any physical activity, actually increases endurance. Scientifically speaking, it actually improves the oxygen carrying capacity of the blood.
B) Beetroot decreases blood pressure. Beetroots contains nitrates. Our body converts these nitrates into nitric oxide, which inturn increases the blood flow and maintains or decreases the blood pressure.
3) Beetroot helps in detoxification: Beetroot is a natural blood cleanser. Not only the blood, but beetroot also helps in cleaning liver and digestive system. Beetroot contains an important component or in other words beetroot creates a byproduct component called Glutathione, which helps in detoxifying activity.
4) Beetroot Fights Diabetes: It might be surprising! Lot of people ask if they can consume beetroot if they are diabetic? The answer is Yes. In fact, It does good to your body. It contains alpha lipoid acid, which lowers your blood glucose levels, increases your insulin sensitivity and protects your body from oxidative stress.
5) Beetroot Protects DNA: Beetroots are rich sources of folates, which helps y"our body make new cells. But directly participates in coping and synthesizing DNA.
Urinary Colour Changes After Eating Beetroot?
Some people are surprised and even scared to see their urine changed the color to red or some orangish or so to tell as beetroot color. There's no need to panic for this!
It is normal. It's not harmful.
So, stop panicking from next time you consume your beetroot.
Another which I like to high light on is kidney stones.
Beetroot contains oxalates. If you're one of those person's suffering from kidney stones, reduce the amount of beetroot you intake.
Hope everyone enjoyed reading about Beetroots. If you liked the article, please share, Twitte, plus it....... So all get to know the benefits of beetroot.